Adding a domain to scoutINSPECT helps discover online assets, such as DNS records, cloud storage, security certificates, other domains, etc. All of these assets are collected and added to your inventory.
Adding a Domain
For scoutINSPECT to begin the collection of data, you will need to add one or more domains. These seed domains tell the platform where to scan and discover assets.
For example, if your organization would like to obtain data from or related to Acme Industries, valid seed domains may include: acme-industries.com, blog.acme-industries.com, mail.acme-industries.com, or directory.acme-industries.com.
To add a seed domain, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Organizations, click on the Domains tab, then on Add Domain.
2. A dialog box will appear displaying the number of domains that are seeding your organization as well as the maximum number of domains you can add with your subscription. You will also see the Collection Frequency.
Next, type in only the domain name without prefixes or appendix slashes (e.g., http://, https://, or www).
Correct domain format:
Incorrect domain format:
3. It's optional to add a Default Owner -- this must be a user or admin already in the team.
4. You must provide a Description before you can press Save. This can be one or a few sentence describing what the domain is for.
5. When you are finished, click Save.
The new domain will now display on the Domains page as Enabled.
6. If you're unable to add more domains, click on the information icon.
A banner will provide you with the details of how many domains are seeding data and if you have reached the maximum number of domains you can add.
You can click on the link to send a message to LookingGlass if you would like to discuss or change your subscription.
Edit or Delete Domain
To edit a domain or delete it from the system, click on the three dots to the right of the domain, then make your selection.
If you selected to edit a domain, a window will pop-up to allow to modify the Description, choose a different Default Owner, or add tags. You cannot edit the Domain Name. Click Save when you are done.
2. If you chose to delete the domain, a pop-up window will display asking you for confirmation.