Let's imagine a scenario where scoutINSPECT has discovered a security vulnerability that is labeled as critical. Follow these steps to respond to this incident:
1. In the Exposures section, scroll down the page and click on the name of the affected asset from the Discovered Issues table.
2. On the Issue Details page, read the vulnerability and Risks & Recommendations information. Then, on the top right side of the page click on status and select In-Progress.
3. Next, select the analyst in your team who will handle the case by clicking on Assigned To.
4. After reading the information on the Validate Exposure page, click on Validate Inventory to proceed.
5. More details about the vulnerability and impacted inventories will appear on the Validate Inventory section; read the information carefully.
6. Next, click on Respond to validate the information.
7. Enter the email address(s) of the recipient(s) who needs to know or will mitigate the vulnerability in the Respond form. Recipients will receive an overview of the exposure resolution.
You can also add additional information in the Overview section.
8. Note that scoutINSPECT will provide you with a URL to the report on the Respond form. You can share this link to any desired parties even if they do not have or use the tool.
9. Finally, ensure you select Responding from the status drop-down menu so the report is sent to the recipients.
After the report has been sent and shared, you can track its handling by monitoring the asset from the Exposure page's Discovered Issues table or from the report itself.