Accessing the API Tokens Screen
NOTE: To manage scoutPRIME API Tokens, you must be a user in the "API Tokens Group" otherwise the link will not be visible to you from the drop-down menu.
To access the API Tokens screen:
1. Go to your user avatar at the top right corner of the screen.
2 Click on the avatar then select, API Tokens.
Creating an API Token
NOTE: If you have an expired token, you must delete it and create a new one. You cannot modify expired tokens.
To create a new API token, follow these steps:
1. Click Add Token in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Enter a brief description for the token in the Description field. Then, under Timeout, you must select a number value to specify the length of time that the API token will be active (e.g., "15" Days).
4. Click Create to create the token, or click Cancel to exit the screen. The newly added token will be listed on the API Tokens screen.
Displaying an API Token Code
Clicking on Show next to an API Token removes the dots that mask the token code, allowing it to be read when necessary.
The Show button is renamed to Hide while the code is visible. Click the Hide button to mask the token code with dots again.
Editing an API Token
Once an API token has been created, you can edit the duration of the token, and its descriptive text. You cannot edit the token code.
To edit an API token:
1. Click on the pencil icon next to the API token listing. Edit the Description text, and/or the Timeout value.
3. When finished, click Save to save your changes, or Cancel to abandon your changes.
Deleting an API Token
To delete an API token:
1. Click the trash can icon next to the API token you want to delete. A confirmation screen will display.
2. Click Yes to delete the token, or click No to cancel deletion. If you delete a token, it will be removed from the API Tokens screen.