To create a Workbench, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Workflow and click on Workbenches.
2. If any exist, a list of workbenches will load with the item Name, Type, date Created and Modified.
3. Click on Create New on the top right side of the page.
4. By default, the system will give the workbench name using the date and time. Click on the pencil icon to modify the name.
5. Next, enter a Description for your workbench. This can be a brief or lengthy description of the project you are setting up the workbench for. Click on the checkmark icon to save the information.
6. After saving, you can click on the pencil icon to add additional details.
7. Next, assign your project's Checklist to the workbench from the drop-down menu.
|information| If you have not previously created and published a Checklist for your specific project, nothing will appear in the drop-down menu.
For more information, see Checklists.
8. The checklist you selected will be listed on the page.
9. You can schedule a Threat Query for the Workbench which can be triggered to run frequently to populate any new data.
For example, if your intelligence gathering project is about WannaCry then when your Threat Query runs, it will populate any new data about it under Information Reports and/or RFIs.
NOTE: If you have not previously created a Threat Query for your specific project, nothing will appear in the drop-down menu.
For more information on creating a Threat Query, see Creating a Threat Query.
Any Threat Query you have created and scheduled, will be listed on the page under Scheduled Threat Queries with its name, running frequency, and the date and time for the last time it ran.
10. Next, if an Information Report already exists in the system on the subject matter of your project you can link it by clicking on +Add and select it from the drop-down menu list.
Any Information Report you link, will be listed on the page under Linked Information Reports with its name, date created and modified, who it was created by, and added by: Manual input or the Threat Query name.
11. An already existing Request for Information about your project can be added to the workbench by clicking +Add.
Any Request for Information you link will be listed on the page under Linked RFIs with its name, date created and modified, who it was created by, and if it was added by: Manual input or the Threat Query name.